Plug Load Control - WattStopper/Legrand - Facility Management Product Release
The Isole plug load controller from Watt Stopper couples a personal occupancy sensor with a surge-protected power strip to turn off unneeded devices when a space is vacant. Two uncontrolled outlets on the device are for devices that should remain on regardless of occupancy; the other six outlets are occupancy-controlled.
Plugging equipment such as monitors, task lighting, radios, calculators, fans, heaters and transformers into the controlled outlets ensures that these devices will only be powered up when they are needed. In addition to turning off unneeded lighting and fans, Isole also shuts off power to ‘phantom’ loads such as sleeping monitors and unused transformers.
- How Hospitals Can Achieve Net-Zero Energy
- 4 Questions to Ask to Help Select Smart Building Technologies
- 7 Things to Consider Before Implementing Smart Building Technology
- $1.3 Trillion Spending Bill Preserves Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy Programs, Agencies
- ‘Big Real Estate’ Keeps Aerial Eye on Chicago
- “Putting Data To Work” Toolkit Helps FMs Prioritize Energy Efficiency Projects