Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
- Director of College Facilities »
- Building Services Officer »
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
Natural Gas Generator Line Introduced - Kohler Power Systems - Facility Management Product Release
Kohler Power Systems is launching an all-new line of large natural gas generators designed specifically for standby, prime or continuous power applications in the North American market.
The new line of large gas gensets, which will be available in nodes ranging from 425 kW to 1300 kW, meet Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) operational requirements and offer advanced control and monitoring capabilities through the Kohler Decision-Maker 8000 digital controller. Paired with Kohler transfer switches and switchgear, the company offers total system integration with a seamless solution customized and built by a team of Kohler engineers.
“We anticipate strong response to our new large gas line because each model is targeted to fit the exact needs of the end user,” says Nolan Landes, senior product manager for Kohler Power Systems. “Unlike manufacturers who offer a continuous-power generator for use in prime and standby applications, our natural gas generators are designed to work specifically for continuous, prime or standby applications. So, they’re a cost efficient and highly targeted solution.”
The new line of large gas gensets is capable of operation on natural gas as well as a wide variety of non-pipeline gases. These generators can be paired with Kohler switchgear and automatic transfer switches for paralleled or non-parallel operation for a wide variety of applications. All models within the new line feature Kohler’s Decision-Maker 8000 digital controller, a highly advanced controller offering intuitive system monitoring and diagnostics as well as control for paralleling and remote monitoring capabilities. A large, user-friendly display is also integrated for straightforward local data access.
Other benefits of the Kohler Decision-Maker 8000 include:
• Standard remote web monitoring
• Multi-level password protection
• Communication with serial (RS-485,RS-232) and Ethernet (RJ-45) and support Modbus, TCP and SNMP protocols
• Data logging and trending for easy troubleshooting
• USB flash drive for data storage and event history exports
• Advanced digital input and outputs for customer connections
• Ability to parallel up to 32 generators
To power the new large gas line, Kohler collaborated with Dresser-Rand and created specially tuned engines for the generator set market. These engines accept a wide range of input fuels and are highly resistant to fuel contamination. The clean running, 1800-rpm engines also offer extended life and provide quiet, cost-effective operation.
“With our new large gas line, we’re offering an ideal combination of customization, durability, ease of use, and more,” Landes added. “Of course, our applications team and service and support network also help ensure seamless integration and reliable, long-term performance.”
Kohler’s expert team is available to help design and customize a solution for specific application needs. Kohler Power Systems can custom engineer large gas products from the generator set and automatic transfer switches, to customizable paralleling switchgear and controls that manage a multitude of power systems applications.
With more than 800 locations worldwide, Kohler’s sales and support network stands ready to provide installation and support services as well as aftermarket parts. All locations offer factory-trained expertise in specifications, equipment, systems integration and training. Troubleshooting and product support are also available 24/7.
- Equipment Options To Expand the Maintenance Arsenal
- UPS and Generator Maintenance: The In-House Option
- Maintenance for UPS and Generators
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully