- Director of Facilities, Quinault Beach Resort »
- Head Gardener »
- Assistant Director of Facilities Position! »
- Building Maintenance Technician »
- Facility Manager, Nome Alaska »
Mobile App Helps Maintenance Managers with Snow Removal - Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. - Facility Management Product Release
Magic Software Enterprises Ltd.
Magic Software Enterprises Ltd., a global provider of software platforms for enterprise mobility, cloud applications, and business integration, announced that Merit Service Solutions, a national leader in facilities maintenance, has transformed the way it works with local snow removal contractors by deploying a mobile app that leverages digital capabilities to increase operational efficiency, expedite billing and improve customer service. The app is powered by Magic’s Enterprise Mobility Solution.
Merit’s mobile app enables hundreds of their service providers across America to receive work orders, enter relevant information, and attach photos and customer signatures verifying job completion when relevant. The innovative app combines location information from Google Maps along with predictive, actual, and certified precipitation data from AccuWeather for use in planning, billing and reporting. For example, service providers can quickly locate nearby customer sites and anticipated snowfall amounts. Management can automatically see when providers have been to a service area, and billing data is automatically generated based on AccuWeather’s certified data for the customer’s geolocation. Integration with Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne via the Magic xpi Integration Platform’s optimized adapter keeps Merit’s ERP system updated according to real-time service completion. The app also includes offline capabilities to make sure work can continue and no data is lost in cases of loss of internet coverage.
“We manage approximately 2,000 customer sites and wanted a way to take advantage of today’s digital and mobile capabilities to streamline processes, and provide the best experience to our customers and our service providers,” stated Kevin Craig, Chief Operations Officer at Merit Services. “I am happy to report that Magic’s solution, combining both mobile and back-end integration under one technology stack, not only provided all the capabilities we demanded, it has also passed the test of an epic blizzard, enabling us to provide our customers with the timely services they expect, even under the most demanding circumstances.”
“We are happy to have played a key role in Merit’s digital transformation,” stated Eyal Karny, CEO at Magic Americas. “By looking at the complete business process, Merit understood the importance of a single solution that provided real-time integration with Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and rapid mobile deployment. Magic’s Oracle Validated Integration (OVI) status achieved via the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) along with our cross-platform development capabilities enabled us to deliver the entire solution.”
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- How to Create Mower Specifications to Meet Different Needs
- A Blizzard of Challenges in Keeping Schools Open
- Grounds Management: Preparing for Certification
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today