- Operating Engineer »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
Lithium Ion Brushless Impact Driver Joins Tool Family - Porter Cable - Facility Management Product Release
Porter Cable announces the launch of its 20V MAX lithium ion brushless drill/driver (PCCK607LB) and 20V MAX lithium ion brushless impact driver (PCCK647LB), which are both part of the new Brushless Edge family of tools.
The 20V MAX lithium ion brushless drill/driver and 20V MAX lithium ion brushless impact driver are extensions to the 20V MAX Get Linked System of tools, a range of professional cordless core tools at a great price. These two tools operate on any Porter Cable 20V MAX lithium ion battery. Integrating brushless motor technology for the first time in its system of tools, these two new Porter Cable brushless products offer up to 50 percent more runtime to minimize downtime on the jobsite.
The 20V MAX lithium ion brushless drill/driver (PCCK607LB) boasts more runtime as well as 20 percent more power and improved bit retention compared to the prior model (PCC601). Its efficient brushless motor, high-speed transmission, and 1.5Ah battery deliver up to 370 Max Watts Out (MWO) to maximize drilling and fastening speeds. A two-speed gear transmission delivers 0-450 rotations per minute (RPM) in low speed for high-torque applications and 0-1,800 RPM in high speed for maximum fastening speed. Since compact size is an important feature for professionals, the 20V MAX lithium ion brushless drill/driver is just 7.4 inches in length and weighs only 3.3 pounds with its battery.
Compared to its predecessor (PCC641), the 20V MAX lithium ion brushless impact driver (PCCK647LB) features more runtime and shorter tool length. The brushless motor and transmission generate 1,400 inch-pounds of maximum torque for large fasteners and the variable speed trigger delivers 0-2,700 RPM. The impact driver is equipped with a 1/4” quick chuck for fast and easy one-handed bit changes. This trim yet powerful tool is just 5.8 inches in length and weighs only 2.9 pounds with its battery.
Both brushless unit kits come with two lithium ion, professional-grade batteries and each tool hosts an onboard state of charge indicator to gauge battery life over the course of a job. Finally, each tool is designed with an over-molded grip for comfort and an LED work light that stays on for 20 seconds at a time to help illuminate dark work areas.
- Aerial Lift Rental: High-Level Maintenance
- Backup Power Supplies Help Ensure Smooth Operations
- Diagnostic Technology: Thermal Imaging Cameras and Beyond
- Key Decision: Renting vs. Buying Equipment
- MEWPs: Myths, Misconceptions, Misinformation
- Understanding MEWPs Options To Deliver Access, Safety
- MEWPs Training That Delivers Access and Safety
- Aerial Work Platforms: Safety Tips
- DeWalt Boosts Battery Power with Lithium-Ion System
- Diagnostic and Monitoring: Tools to Analyze Power Quality