Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Lighting Control - IEPC Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
The VB400 lighting control provides a more efficient and cost-effective lighting control system alternative for HID lamp lighting applications compared to T5/T8 replacements, according to the company. The system reduces the HID lighting fixture count by 25 to 33 percent and lowers energy costs by as much as 40 to 60 percent without a fluorescent system’s initial investment. The VB400 replaces magnetic ballasts, timers, relays, control panels, photo cells and wiring required to connect each lighting fixture to all other external parts, as well as to the control panel.
The LC (a number of VB400s working together via software) can control as many lamps as can be connected to the Internet. The system has a built-in dimmer, timer, scheduler and photo cell and allows for scene control to emulate sunlight. An onboard digital display offers individual control, while wired or wireless control of all functions, a computer interface for networking, and remote controls via Internet provide control capabilities for any number of locations. The VB400 enables the use of 200W to 400W bulbs no matter what manufacturer, wattage, HID type or input voltage. The system is plug-and-play, and after installation users can change voltage input, lamp wattage, lamp type and manufacturer without modifications.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Planning Lighting in New Healthcare Facilities
- How to Plan An LED Upgrade
- Lighting is the Best Place to Start for Energy Efficiency
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health