Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
- Property Director (Harlem YMCA) »
- Director of Facilities »
- Facility Trade Mechanic »
- Director of Facilities »
- Maintenance Mechanic 3 - Pierce College »
- Facilities Director, Rural Alaska, »
- Real Estate and Property Manager »
- Commercial Building Engineer »
- Manager, Engineering (WEST) »
- Facilities Manager »
- Jefferson East Falls, Facilities Openings »
Hand-Held Carbon Dioxide Leak Detector Designed for Refrigeration Systems - Fieldpiece Instruments - Facility Management Product Release
The SCL2 is a hand-held carbon dioxide leak detector that’s exceptionally responsive, economical, easy-to-use, and easy-to-handle. Designed for the HVACR field service technician, the SCL2 has a rechargeable battery that lasts a full eight hours. It also uses an IR sensor that is designed to last up to 10 years. Because the SCL2 can locate R744 refrigerant leaks it is perfect for servicing commercial refrigeration systems, finding a leak in a restaurant soda machine, or pinpointing minute leaks in facilities that use CO2.
“Unlike other CO2 detectors on the market that use batteries, ours has a rechargeable battery and comes with a wall and car charger. The ultra-compact lithium-ion battery powers the SCL2 for eight hours of continuous operation before a recharge is needed. That's long enough to last your entire workday,” says Russ Harju, product manager.
The Fieldpiece SCL2 has three sensitivity levels to minimize false readings and to quickly find the locations of both large and small leaks. The highest sensitivity level can locate CO2 refrigerant leaks with rates as small as 6 grams or 0.2 ounces per year. The IR Sensor is the best at finding CO2 leaks as they sense a change in concentration and will pinpoint leaks in contaminated ambient conditions. The SCL2 displays CO2 levels from 6 grams per year to 28 grams or 1 ounce per year and includes both a mutable audio alert and visual LED alert. The detector allows HVACR technicians to measure ambient carbon dioxide levels and detect possible sources of dangerous CO2 contamination from commercial refrigeration units.
The moisture filter keeps water and other contaminants out of the unit. Included with the SCL2 are ten easily replaceable filters and five extra O-rings, as well as a wall charger, vehicle charger, 9-inch needle tip probe, 9-inch flex extension, replacement filters and O-rings, and protective blow-molded case.
- Portable Cooling and Its Impact on Operations
- Properly Sized Portable Cooling Enhances Occupancy Comfort
- How to Specify Portable Cooling Based on Facility Needs
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation
- Achieving Thermal Comfort Depends on Variability