Glass Windscreen - Trex Commercial Products - Facility Management Product Release
Ascent is a post-supported glass windscreen designed for commercial exterior use. Ideal around pools, outdoor dining areas and balconies, this product delivers unobstructed views while also diverting wind to create a more enjoyable environment and outdoor experience.
While most commercial windscreen systems are capable of handling 10psf wind loads, Ascent is designed for eight times that amount, with a qualified wind load of 80psf. This increased wind load allows for installation at much higher altitudes, such as balconies and rooftops. At a standard height of 6 feet, Ascent provides extensive coverage for furniture and patrons; however, the product’s height is completely customizable based on individual project needs.
Unlike traditional glass windscreens that require installers to lift large panes of glass and slide them in from the top of the post system, Ascent uses an aluminum snap-fit system with concealed fasteners. With one side of the post in place, the glass is positioned in front of the system and held in by double-sided foam tape. The tape holds the first pane of glass in while the next piece of glass is installed. The cover is then snapped in from the front, safely securing the half-inch glass panel in place. To prevent corrosion, the posts are secured with an embedment or welded base plate, avoiding any contact with concrete.
Ascent is available in four finishes – Powder Coated, Painted, Kynar and Anodized.
- General Window Maintenance Tips: What To Look For
- How Window Security Film Works
- Solar Window Films As An Energy Efficient Retrofit
- Window Ratings: The Key to Understanding Window Efficiency
- How Cool Walls Help Whole-Building Energy Efficiency
- How Façade Inspection Leads to Damage Repair
- Requirements for a Façade Inspection
- AAMA Releases Standard for Determining Thermal Performance in Commercial Buildings
- Build Walls Right The First Time
- Chameleon Panels Could Help Buildings Manage Light and Heat