Gas Generator - Caterpillar Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The G3520E advanced natural-gas-fueled generator set from Caterpillar is designed for maximum efficiency in extended-duty distributed generation and combined heat and power applications. Driven by one of the company's electronically controlled, lean-burn reciprocating engine, the generator set was designed to offer a high power density and excellent fuel efficiency while maintaining stringent NOx control. It can operate on pipeline natural gas without sacrificing efficiency or performance, and delivers an ISO mechanical efficiency of up to 43.5 percent without water pumps. The Cat G3520E generator set operates at 50 Hz/1500 rpm with Miller Combustion Cycle, is rated at 2000 ekW, and has a standard NOx emissions rating of 500 mg/NM 3 at a separate circuit aftercooler inlet water temperature of 43°C. It is built on a heavy-duty turbodiesel-based platform that features an open combustion chamber design, which allows for a low-pressure fuel system of 10 to 35 kPa.
- 8 Steps to a Successful Emergency Communication System
- Equipment Options To Expand the Maintenance Arsenal
- UPS and Generator Maintenance: The In-House Option
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully