- Facilities Director »
- Sr. Building Systems Engineer »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
Flashless Metal Edge System - Garland - Facility Management Product Release
R-Mer Force flashless metal edge system eliminates the need for flashing plies that would ordinarily be installed at the roof’s edge.
A roof’s perimeter is extremely vulnerable to wind damage and moisture intrusion, requiring special details and flashing procedures to protect the building. R-Mer Force is anchored to exterior walls with strong aluminum anchors, which means there are no penetrations on the roof surface. Fascia cover pieces easily snap onto installed anchors, completing the installation and blocking out the elements to protect your building.
Thermoplastic elastomer compression seals also contribute to the clean finish of R-Mer Force. Because the seals keep surface tension perfectly balanced, the oil canning effect that plagues other metal edge systems doesn’t affect the level edge surface of R-Mer Force. To complete the finish, customized splice plates make the transition between edge pieces uniform for a finished look. The system is available in a wide variety of colors to fit any aesthetic goals.
R-Mer Force meets building code ANSI/SPRI ES-1 requirements for structural integrity and wind resistance. The extruded aluminum anchor was designed and tested to withstand the most severe wind speeds, keeping the fascia tightly secured. The fascia is available in high-performance steel and aluminum options.
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- The Resilience Benefits of Cool Roofing
- A Warming World Needs Cool Roofing
- Understanding Maintenance Requirements for Roof Coatings Systems