- Facilities Director »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
Firestop - Bridgeport Fittings - Facility Management Product Release
The commercial quality, non-combustible fire, smoke and draft sealant for penetrations and construction voids. It is a water-based, non-corrosive, non-toxic, odorless compound that withstands 3,000 degrees for eight hours. The thermal barrier, which can be safely removed with soap and water prior to curing, adheres to most construction materials including ceramics, composites, masonry, metal, plastic and wood.
It is environmentally safe and can be applied with a sealant gun. With an expected shelf life of one year, the compound can be installed below freezing temperature and is unaffected by freeze/thaw cycles or seasonal storage up to 160 degrees. The sealant forms a skin in about 20 minutes and remains pliable for several weeks depending on the ambient temperature.
It is UL and cUL Listed and has been classified by Underwriters Laboratory as a non-combustible product in compliance with zero flame and zero smoke index.
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- How to Ensure an Accurate Test Report After Annual Fire Alarm Inspection
- Training and Certification Requirements for Maintaining Fire Alarm Systems
- Code Considerations for Inspecting, Testing, and Maintaining Fire Alarm Systems
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA