- Assistant Director of Facilities Position! »
- JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN »
- Head Gardener »
- Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
Fiberoptic Ribbon Lighting - Spectra-Strip - Facility Management Product Release
Spectra-Strip’s TapeLite – a low-profile optical fiber ribbon lighting system – is available for a wide range of architectural lighting applications including area lighting, safety illumination, and decorative design.
The flexible lighting system uses a flat, side-emitting fiberoptic cable designed to accept a wide range of lamps including quartz halogen, and metal halide. For green building designs, the ribbon illumination system can be paired with a solar collector to provide non-electrical daytime lighting throughout an office building.
Key features include use of a remote power source that keeps electrical components at a safe distance for wet or hazardous environments. There are no bulbs to burn out or replace in the cable, and the system can be made as continuous long-length cable, or with sections of twisted pairs for selective areas of light emission. Available in widths up to 3 inches.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Roofing Problems Plague Nation’s K-12 Schools
- Managers Turn to UV Lighting to Combat COVID-19
- COVID Accelerates Adoption of UV at Two Facilities
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health