Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
- Property Director (Harlem YMCA) »
- Director of Facilities »
- Facility Trade Mechanic »
- Director of Facilities »
- Maintenance Mechanic 3 - Pierce College »
- Facilities Director, Rural Alaska, »
- Real Estate and Property Manager »
- Commercial Building Engineer »
- Manager, Engineering (WEST) »
- Facilities Manager »
- Jefferson East Falls, Facilities Openings »
Exterior Coating Cleans Itself - Sto - Facility Management Product Release
StoCoat Lotusan is an exterior wall coating modeled on the microstructure of the lotus leaf. This BIONICS technology, engineered by Sto, imparts super-hydrophobic properties — the Lotus-Effect technology — to the coating. This makes it highly resistant to soiling, mold, mildew, and algae, and gives it high water-vapor permeability. The coating not only resists the growth of mold, mildew and algae, it also provides protection from the effects of weather and UV fade.
The Lotus-Effect technology is based on a natural phenomenon derived from the hydrophobic properties of the Asian lotus plant. When exposed to rainfall, this plant's leaves are left immaculately clean and dry. Water beads on contact with the surface, and dirt runs off with the raindrops.
The next generation of StoCoat Lotusan provides an improved flow when it is brushed or rolled on. The leveling attributes of the product — laying flat on the surface and filling in the profile — has been enhanced. The next-gen version also provides better coverage over colored surfaces when changing colors.
StoCoat Lotusan is ideal for new construction and recoat projects over concrete, stucco, EIFS, and fiber cement board substrates. It has a smooth matte (flat) surface and is available in Sto Colors. It can also be matched in custom colors (some limitations apply).
Sto’s StoCoat Lotusan exterior coating is the first product to have incorporated the technical attributes of the Lotus-Effect, developed by botanist Dr. Wilhelm Barthlott. Exteriors treated with this coating stay dry and remain attractive longer — a particular advantage on the sides of those buildings that are exposed to severe weather.
- How to Know When It's Time to Go Premium with Paint
- 4 Steps to Choosing a High Quality Paint
- How to Understand the Real Cost of Paint
- Art Inspiring New Discussions at London Behavioral Healthcare Facility
- Assessing the Performance of Green Paints
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors