Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Electric Vehicles Offer New Customization Packages - Polaris - Facility Management Product Release
Launching with the updated 2017 GEM models is a new way to customize your vehicle — GEM packages group together the most common options, creating simplified and convenient ordering and adding the value of a 1-Year Promotional Limited Warranty. The new GEM packages include:
The sleek, clean look of the GEM Premium Package pairs features that take your GEM to the next level. Chrome bumpers, 14-inch aluminum wheels and rims, upgraded gray two-tone seats, tilt steering wheel, Electric Power Steering (EPS), and carpet floor mats combine style and comfort. The Premium Package is available on the GEM e2, e4 and e6 models.
Cold Weather Package
Outdoor work is more comfortable in a GEM with the Cold Weather Package. Available on the GEM e2, e4, e6 and eL XD, this package features full hard doors, rear window, LED headlights, heater, windshield washer and defroster. This combination includes everything you need to keep riders warm during cold weather.
Demanding jobs require a hard working vehicle. The Work Package, available on the GEM e2, e4, e6 and eL XD, includes rugged bumpers, a beacon light and rubber floor mats. The e2 and e4 models also come with a more powerful 6.5kW motor. The GEM e6 and eL XD packages include Tilt and EPS steering.
Purchase any GEM package and you’ll receive a 1-Year Free Promotional Limited Warranty - a $600 value. With the included 2-year Factory Warranty, this gives new GEM owners a total of three years of coverage.
Need more options? Pick from a variety of battery options, such as flooded, maintenance free or Lithium-Ion batteries based on the distance you want to go. Adding additional features, such as carriers or doors, can help make GEM uniquely fit your needs.
2017 GEM Lineup
When creating the new 2017 GEM lineup, Polaris listened to their customer’s needs, updating features and adding new options to improve the driving experience. Additional updates to the new GEM models include:
• New, larger and fully adjustable mirrors
• New, underseat storage option
• Updated Lightning Audio stereo and speakers from Rockford Fosgate
• Updated S-bed, and S-bed with solid sides
• Updated L-box
• Updated S-box design
• Updated charge port door kit
Whether you’re moving people or cargo, the new GEM vehicles get the job done easily and efficiently. Each GEM offers a spacious interior with a compact footprint. Its quiet electric power offers low-cost, low maintenance operation, averaging just 3 cents per mile cost of ownership. GEM offers more built-in comfort and street-legal safety features than a golf cart. It is more maneuverable, cost-efficient and sustainable than a truck or van. It’s no wonder GEM is the market leader in the electric LSV industry, selling more than 50,000 vehicles worldwide.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- PGMS: Spotlight on Success
- Mower Performance Life: The Finer Points
- Using Budgets to Map Out Mower Performance Life
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today