Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Dimmer - WattStopper/Legrand - Facility Management Product Release
The LightSaver FD-301 fixture-mounted dimming photosensor dims 0-10 VDC ballasts in response to available daylight. Commissioning adjustments are made using a remote control once construction is complete, which eliminates the need for tools or ladders.
The spectral response of the FD-301’s photodiode is tuned to match the photopic curve; the light perceived by the human eye. A sliding setpoint algorithm allows the photosensor to compensate for the disparate spatial distribution of daylight and electric light.
By having two different setpoints for day and night, the target setpoint changes based on the current light level conditions. Together, these features result in a balanced contribution of electric light at all times that adjusts subtly.
The FD-301 also achieves lumen maintenance by holding target light levels as lamp output decreases over time. An optional occupant remote control permits the automatic lighting level to be temporarily overridden, if needed, without changing the setpoints.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Effective Project Management Helps University Reduce Energy Usage
- Manager's Role in Project Management Leads to Successful Renovations
- How Lighting Energy Efficiency Connects to Wellness
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health