- Senior Director of Facilities »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Facilities Director »
Curtainwall System - Technical Glass Products - Facility Management Product Release
Steel curtainwall systems are strong and slim, allowing larger spans of glazing than traditional aluminum framing, according to the company. The result is greater expanses of exposed glass and increased natural indoor lighting.
The European-designed steel frame curtainwall allows a narrow frame profile. The steel framing members have lower deflection than aluminum, providing three times the wind load capacity, according to the company. The lower thermal expansion of steel allows design flexibility with fewer or no extension profiles.
The steel curtainwall system uses a plug-and-screw connection system for framing components to provide crisp corner joints without a visible weld bead. The system is watertight and the low heat transfer coefficient of steel helps ensure less interior condensation on frames.
- Movable Wall Systems Can Improve Acoustics, Protect Privacy
- Ceilings Selection Plays Crucial Role in Office Acoustical Environment
- How to Improve Acoustics in an Open Office