- FACILITIES PROJECT COORDINATOR »
- Assistant Chief Facilities Officer (Buses) »
- Building Services Supervisor (Evening shift) »
- Director of Building Operations »
- Town of Littleton Facilities Manager »
Construction Vehicle Computer - Glacier Computer - Facility Management Product Release
Glacier Computer’s Magnum series of computers is specifically designed for use in the construction industry. Engineered to withstand shock, vibration, dust and moisture, the computers can be mounted into cranes, dump trucks, backhoes, graders and forklifts. They also can be mounted outside in a fixed location and used as a time clock at a temporary work location.
The Intel-based PC is configured with either Microsoft Windows XP Pro or XP Embedded. An array of standard I/O ports allows for attaching numerous peripherals, including portable printers or employee ID card readers. Wide area network cards and GPS accessories provide data transfer from the worksite, or for constant vehicle mapping and location data.
Units are sealed, with no fans or vents. Each unit has a touchscreen and high-bright display that can be used by a gloved hand. All units accept and run traditional Windows software applications.
The series of computers are HALT tested, have passed thermal and reliability testing and have an MTBF of nearly 40,000 hours. Built to Mil-Spec standards, these computers have an IP 64 environmental rating.
- Elevating Exterior Lighting Quality for Design
- Designing Space for Labs in Higher Education
- Improving Accessibility at an 80-year-old High School
- "Crisis Architecture" Improves Odds of Surviving Active Shooters
- $1.5 Billion Philadelphia Healthcare Pavilion Project Using Lean Practices, Offsite Fabrication
- $106 Million Upgrade Brings Women's Facilities On Par with Men's