- Executive Director »
- Assistant Director of Facilities Operations »
- Director of Facilities Management »
- Mechanical Engineer »
- Facilities Manager »
Condensing Boiler Improves Efficiency, Durability - Weil-McLain - Facility Management Product Release
Weil-McLain now offers its most advanced high-efficiency condensing boiler. The new 95 percent AFUE Evergreen boiler features cutting-edge technology with simple controls, flexible functionality for multiple applications and a durable design, and is easy to install, use and maintain.
The unit is adaptable for most heating needs including light commercial or large residential applications and for single or multi-boiler installations. Evergreen offers quiet operation, an aesthetically pleasing design, floor standing or wall mount options and environmental sustainability.
“Our new Evergreen boiler was built with contractors in mind. It was developed after detailed analysis and testing by Weil-McLain engineers plus extensive feedback from customers,” says Julian Webb, product manager with Weil-McLain. “The durable unit is adaptable for most heating demands to effortlessly extend comfort levels to every area of a property from multiple in-home zones to pools for years to come.”
The boiler’s straightforward and user-friendly design makes installation easy for the contractor, installer or service provider. The unit features a guided setup wizard, an easy to understand graphical user interface, simple controls and 10 heating system presets for quick setup.
For the light commercial customer who requires a multiple boiler setup, the Evergreen offers the ability to cascade eight boilers together and ZoneStacking up to 24 programmable zones with no external panel required.
ZoneStacking reduces the installation costs and time while increasing reliability. With this advanced control feature, the Evergreen boiler maintains optimal efficiency through lead-lag rotation and balanced heat loading.
In commercial applications, optimal energy efficiency yields reduce energy costs with up to 96.5 percent combustion efficiency. The SmartSequencing feature maximizes energy across all boilers on a system, reducing energy costs. The unit also is certified as low NOx by the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) with less than 20 ppm.
The flexibility of the Evergreen boiler system reduces setup time and costs as well. Three multiple-boiler sequencing options include smart mode, series mode and parallel mode.
Other key features include:
● Stainless steel, fire-tube heat-exchanger with non-metallic base
● 10 to 1 turndown ratio
● Modbus communication ● Natural or propane gas
● Easy to use setup wizard on familiar interface with innovative technology
● Interactive diagnostic capability
● Sleek, modern design adds aesthetic value to property
● Three available sizes of 220MBH, 299MBH and 399MBH
Additionally, the Evergreen boiler’s compact design offers maneuverability in tight installations, eliminating extra rigging costs. The unit is completely packaged and tested at the manufacturing facility before shipping. No jobsite assembly is required.
For demanding hot water applications, the high performance Evergreen boiler pairs seamlessly with the efficient and durable AHRI Certified line of Weil-McLain AquaPlus Indirect Fired Water Heaters.
- Improving IAQ Doesn't Have to Break the Bank
- Smart Pumps Lead the Way to Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Goals
- Wood-Burning Boiler Balances Sustainability and Maintenance
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation