- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Assistant Director of Facilities Position! »
- Facility Manager, Nome Alaska »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
Chipper Attachment - Bobcat Co. - Facility Management Product Release
The Bobcat 8B high-flow chipper attachment reduces branch volume 10 to 1. The high-flow chipper features a variable gpm setting, a reset override system and a smart valve and pressure valve to maximize chipper performance.
The attachment is designed for use on Bobcat machines with high-flow hydraulic systems. This includes Bobcat skid-steer loaders (models S160H through S300H), compact track loaders (models T180H through T300H) and the Toolcat 5600H utility work machine.
The variable gpm setting enables the chipper attachment to operate within two different gpm flow ranges: 26–31 and 32–37 gpm. This improves chipping efficiency based on the machine’s hydraulic flow capacity.
The smart valve feature monitors the chipper disc speed and limits plugging of the chipper head. When the chipper disc speed reaches a threshold level, the smart valve slows the feed roller until the chipper disc has recovered. Once the disc reaches maximum speed, the feed roller will resume. An in-line pressure valve controls the feed roller’s auto-reverse/auto-forward feature. If the system reaches the maximum psi level, the feed roller goes in auto-reverse and -forward until an optimal pressure level is maintained.
In the event the chipper safety bar is tripped, the reset override system allows the operator to reset the chipper without having to restart the entire system.
The chipper use the remote attachment control system, which enables the operator to start or stop the loader engine and chipper attachment while standing beside the attachment.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- How to Create Mower Specifications to Meet Different Needs
- A Blizzard of Challenges in Keeping Schools Open
- Grounds Management: Preparing for Certification
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today