- Plumber and Steamfitter »
- Facilities Support Specialist »
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance Manager »
- Facilities Manager »
- Director of Facilities »
YORK's Commercial Rooftop Units
The YORK brand of Johnson Controls has launched a new series of commercial rooftop units designed to deliver class-leading performance, serviceability and flexibility, all in a cost-effective package. YORK Sun Select 27.5–50 ton rooftop units exceed aggressive Department of Energy (DOE) energy efficiency standards, reducing operational costs over the lifetime of the unit.
Select rooftop units are optimized with the latest proprietary advances in modeling technology to help preemptively identify issues, and an optional Mobile Access Portal (MAP) offers remote diagnostic monitoring for fewer trips to the job site. Single-side access to all serviceable items provides ease of service that is further simplified with accessible connections, service ports, coil cleaning hatches, hinged access panels, convenience outlets, service disconnect switches and optional service valves.
Units are supported by the new Johnson Controls Commercial Application Support organization, which provides expert pre-sale consultation, and Johnson Controls Commercial Technical Service team, which provides leading field support. These teams offer technical and field support throughout every aspect of ownership, including selection, installation, replacement and service.
Select rooftop units are offered alongside the award-winning YORK Sun Premier platform to provide a complete and competitive offering in this tonnage range. The new units offer up to 31% greater part-load efficiency (IEER) than competitive models and up to 15% greater IEER than the YORK Millennium legacy product. Energy costs are reduced to industry-leading levels with 4-stage IntelliSpeed models available in 2020. In addition, Select rooftop units exceed aggressive DOE 2023 energy efficiency standards by up to 22%, while surpassing current DOE 2018 levels by up to 39%.
Select rooftop units feature easy-to-use controls that include a start-up and commissioning wizard to simplify the installation process. In addition, the units feature a prepackaged Smart Equipment controls platform for even greater efficiency and a full array of user-adaptable parameters. The units integrate seamlessly with building automation system Verasys to help maximize control for extended equipment life and reduced operating costs.
Additional features include:
- Multiple airflow strategies, including two-stage constant-volume, two-stage with IntelliSpeed fan control, four-stage variable-air-volume and four-stage with IntelliSpeed fan control*.
- Competitive replacement opportunity with same footprint as the majority of similar tonnage-range units in the field, minimizing the need for costly, leak-prone transition curbs.
- A broad range of outdoor air options, including low-leak damper economizers, manual dampers, barometric relief, constant volume powered exhaust and modulating powered exhaust.
- Multiple heat options, including staged and modulating gas heat*, stainless steel heat exchangers and electric heat*.