- Building Maintenance Technician »
- Director of Facilities, Quinault Beach Resort »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN »
- Facility Manager, Nome Alaska »
Vertical Cabinets Target Digital Buildings
Legrand North America, a global provider of high-performance network infrastructure solutions, has introduced two new cabinets as part of its ongoing effort to enable digital buildings and edge computing: the vertical wall-mount cabinet and swing-out wall-mount cabinet.
“Ideally, every strategy deployed in a digital building will enable edge computing and the next wave of broader connectivity,” says Domenic Trapassi, product manager at Legrand. “These two new cabinet solutions from Legrand help enable edge computing in digital buildings by maximizing flexibility and versatility.”
Vertical Wall-Mount Cabinets
The new vertical wall cabinets offer a versatile, low-profile solution with comprehensive flexibility to fit system needs today and as technology evolves.
Legrand’s vertical wall-mount cabinets are a cost-effective solution that offers flexibility, versatility and accessibility – ideal for digital building and IoT applications. Their unique design allows mounting of equipment where needed, without taking up valuable floor space. They also offer:
- A configurable platform that mounts equipment vertically, minimizing the cabinet’s protrusion from the wall compared to traditional wall-mount cabinets;
- Component mounting flexibility to tailor the cabinet for the needs of the system, including modular options for mounting equipment of varied sizes and form factors;
- Fixed and pivoting mounting rail options that include 12-24 threaded and cage nut mounting options;
- Ability to mount small computing devices: Backpans available in various overall depths and heights;
- Two door options to enable the desired level of system security.
“In buildings that have Power-over-Ethernet lighting or other IoT applications, the right wall cabinet strategy can save critical facility space and help meet the increasing demand for edge computing, making it imperative for facility managers to pick exactly the right solution to deploy,” Trapassi says. “Whether in a new install or a retrofit, Legrand’s vertical wall cabinets offer flexibility and superior design, as well as seamless integration into the infrastructure without custom components.
Swing-Out Wall-Mount Cabinets
Designed for greater durability and versatility, Legrand’s new swing-out wall-mount cabinets offer particular value within space-limited and retail settings. These new Legrand cabinets offer a flexible, low-profile solution that meets the broad requirements of evolving technology systems while readily managing the cabling loads typical in today’s modern building networks.
“We designed these latest swing-out wall-mount cabinets to be extremely rugged and to offer incredible space savings because our customers – especially those within the retail sector – require a network setup that’s highly adaptable to their equipment and space requirements,” Trapassi says. “These swing-out cabinets are compact and a proven way to optimize space because they can mount to a wall and replace a rack.”