- Space Management Specialist »
- Campus Operations Manager »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
Versatility the Focus of Heat Pumps
WaterFurnace International, Inc., a manufacturer of geothermal and water source heat pumps, introduces the Versatec Variable Speed Series in 3- to 6-ton capacities. This innovative commercial variable capacity water source and geothermal heat pump line offers industry-leading efficiency in a compact cabinet, available in both horizontal and vertical configurations for versatility in any application.
Aurora advanced controls offer true energy, refrigeration and optional performance monitoring, while the optional Aurora UPC DDC package uses BACnet, N2 or LON protocols to integrate into building automation systems. With a capacity range of 25 to 100 percent, the Versatec variable speed system scales its output to match building needs, maximizing occupant comfort levels and building savings.
The new heat pump line features Copeland Gen2 variable speed scroll compressors and inverter drives. The compressor’s brushless permanent magnet motor, along with variable volume ratio and high volumetric efficiency valves, provide outstanding performance and reliability.
The units also include all-aluminum air coils that help ensure durability and efficiency. An optional AlumiSeal™ coating offers added protection. Additional features include:
- Optional modulating reheat that modulates via compressor speed to deliver true low-humidity neutral air
- Electronic expansion valve with superheat envelope control that provides optimal refrigerant flow in the variable capacity system to ensure high efficiency and compressor reliability
- Integrated EC direct drive fan motors with an oversized forward curve blower on select models that provide high efficiency and constant CFM quietly, no matter the external static pressure
The new line also features cabinets constructed of heavy-gauge, environmentally responsible galvanized steel for maximum corrosion resistance. Units are available with a durable white powder coat finish or unpainted. All interior surfaces are lined with ½-inch-thick, foil-lined acoustic-type fiber insulation, applied in a manner that prevents the introduction of glass fibers into the airstream.