- Executive Director of Facilities & Operations »
- Mechanical Maintenance Manager »
- Sr. Building Systems Engineer »
Touch Screen Lighting Controls and Improved Aesthetics
Hubbell Control Solutions, the lighting controls subsidiary of Hubbell Lighting, announced the availability of the new NX SimpleTouch full color, touch screen wall station. The attractive and easy-to-use NX SimpleTouch is designed for customers using NX Distributed Intelligence devices for code-compliant lighting control.
The NX SimpleTouch is part of the NX Distributed Intelligence system, which can be scaled up from one light, one room or an entire building or campus of buildings with thousands of lights. NX can be installed as a wired, wireless or hybrid system and has options to control and dim many different fixture types using a variety of technologies. In addition, the NX SimpleTouch natively controls SpectraSync enabled luminaires for white-light tuning.
The NX SimpleTouch features a 3.5 inch TFT LCD touchscreen with 320×480 screen resolution, making it easy to view from any angle. It is a low-voltage device that can be powered directly by any available SmartPORT in the NX system, such as the NX Room Controller (NXRC) or fixture controller (NXFM), through the use of a standard Ethernet cable.
Using the NX system, up to 16 presets can be customized and stored, making the NX SimpleTouch ideal for conference rooms, classrooms, hotel lobbies and ballrooms, retail stores, restaurants, and houses of worship where multiple scenes are needed. The text on the graphic buttons for each preset alleviates user confusion. Multiple pages of presets or groups can be added, including pages to adjust the brightness and color temperature (CCT) of SpectraSync enabled luminaires. The screensaver can show a custom graphic logo, and the backlight can be adjusted as needed, based on user preferences. An optional security screen hides capabilities and features when and where necessary.
The NX SimpleTouch is easy to install and make changes when appropriate. It can be mounted to a standard single-gang rectangular wall box and includes a white faceplate without any visible screws. An optional faceplate kit is available if almond, ivory, gray and black colors are desired.
Additional Features and Benefits of the NX SimpleTouch:
- Flexible, user friendly graphic interface
- Customizable home screen and navigation
- Up to 16 groups for On/Off dimming, or CCT control
- Allows playback of up to 16 preset scenes
- Setup groups, presets and schedules using linked Smart Device
- Optional password access control
- Adjustable screensaver backlight
- 3.5″ resistive LCD-TFT full color touch screen
- 320×480 screen resolution
- Mounts to a standard single gang switch box
- 4GB microSD card for storing user preferences
- Powered from any NX SmartPORT using Cat5/RJ45 wiring
- Five-year limited warranty