- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Building Technician »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Groundskeeper »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
The Three C's Of Restroom Care From Cintas
Simple steps to make sure your restroom encourages repeat business
CINCINNATI — Regularly found on online review sites like Yelp or Trip Advisor, clean restrooms can make patrons sing the praises of your business, while dirty restrooms can be a major deterrent for potential guests. In fact, a survey conducted by Harris on behalf of Cintas, shows that 94 percent of U.S. adults would avoid a business in the future if they encountered a dirty restroom*. If you’re looking to boost business and give your restroom a facelift in 2014, Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS) today announced its “Three C’s” of restroom care.
“A restroom maintenance program is one of the most overlooked areas in day-to-day operations of a business, yet it’s one of the most important,” said Dave Mesko, Senior Director of Marketing, Cintas. “We developed the three C’s of restroom care to provide organizations with a quick, easy reference guide to keep their image clean and fresh in the coming year.”
The three C’s of restroom care from Cintas include:
1. Cleanliness: No one likes a dirty restroom. Americans overwhelmingly cite dirty or sticky floors as an indicator of a dirty restroom (93 percent), so don’t forget to keep floors clean! Having restroom supplies in stock is also critical to both your users’ experience and keeping your restroom clean. In addition, don’t forget odor control. From air fresheners to urinal screens, many facilities are harmonizing the scents in their restrooms so users experience a consistently pleasant smell as they move through the restroom. If you have a clean restroom and want to drive traffic to your business, make sure your clean restroom is listed and rated on Cintas’ mobile application, Where to Wee, so users know where to go.
2. Creativity: When it comes to restroom design in 2014, the more inventive the better! Creativity in restroom design is gaining in popularity as a unique way for businesses to stand out amongst competitors and potentially gain national recognition. For examples of creative restrooms, check out the America’s Best Restroom contest at http://www.bestrestroom.com/ . Since 2002, Cintas has held the annual contest to honor the most outlandish and unusual restroom facilities across the U.S.
3. Color: Color is making a big comeback in 2014 with more businesses taking their branding into the restroom. Gone are the days of drab, dull- colored dispensers on gray partitions. From restaurants to road side visitors’ areas, vibrant colors help liven up the restroom experience and enhance a business’ image in an unexpected place. For ideas on how to add color into your restroom, check out the Signature Series line of dispensers.
“While it might not seem significant in the grand scheme of your operation, organizations that provide an exceptional restroom experience will see an increase in customer loyalty,” added Mesko. “From color to cleanliness, paying attention to the details in a restroom can make the difference between a positive and negative guest experience.”
For more information about Cintas, please visit: www.cintas.com/facilityservices .
About Cintas Corporation:
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Cintas Corporation provides highly specialized services to businesses of all types primarily throughout North America. Cintas designs, manufactures and implements corporate identity uniform programs, and provides entrance mats, restroom cleaning and supplies, tile and carpet cleaning, promotional products, first aid, safety, fire protection products and services and document management services for more than 1 million businesses. Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol CTAS and is a component of the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.