- Facilities Utility Specialist »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Operating Engineer »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
Tamper-Resistant Receptacles Meet New Standard
Leviton recently announced their UL listing of heavy-duty industrial specification grade 15-amp and 20-amp 250-volt tamper-resistant single receptacles. They provide a solution that meets the requirements of Article 406.12 of the National Electric Code, as well as meeting Canadian safety requirements.
Article 406.12 in the 2017 National Electric Code expanded the locations requiring tamper-resistant receptacles to include:
- Preschools and elementary education facilities
- Business offices, corridors, and waiting rooms
- Medical and dental offices and outpatient facilities
- Places of waiting in transportation areas
- Skating rinks
A common application for this product is providing power to air conditioning units located in the various facilities listed above. Leviton is also offering weather-resistant versions of these receptacles that comply with the requirements of NEC Article 406.9 for damp and wet locations.
“We’re committed to providing timely and safe solutions to our customers, so we made it a priority to develop a product that met this new NEC requirement,” said Tony Pulsonetti, senior manager of commercial products for Leviton’s Commercial & Industrial business division. “At Leviton, we are the go-to brand for customers when new codes or requirements call for changes in buildings and homes.”