- Senior Director of Facilities »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Sr. Building Systems Engineer »
- ELECTRICIAN »
Security Robots Make Debut at BOMA 2017
Allied Universal, a facility services company in North America, and partner Knightscope, Inc., a developer of advanced physical security technologies focused on significantly enhancing U.S. security operations, have demonstrated robots in action at the BOMA International Conference & Expo, June 24-27 at Nashville’s Music City Center.
Officially called Autonomous Data Machines (ADMs), a K5 model will provide security during the conference alongside Allied Universal’s uniformed security professionals, while a K3 model were on display.
“The Knightscope K5 and K3 Autonomous Data Machines are groundbreaking in advanced anomaly detection and may be used in many industries and environments,” said Steve Jones, CEO, Allied Universal. “These robots are best equipped to work in routine and sometimes hazardous situations, therein freeing up security personnel to handle more interactive and strategic activities. We are thrilled to partner with Knightscope to showcase this dynamic technology for BOMA attendees.”
The ADMs, along with Allied Universal’s other technology offerings, will create a paradigm shift in the way the company’s customers do business. Some of the ADMs’ features and capabilities include:
· 360-degree video that provides complete awareness and feeds to a security operations center
· Thermal imaging for identifying fires and gauging proper environmental temperature settings
· License plate recognition, which is an example of a computational task that may include data collection in a large parking facility
· Intercom and broadcast capability that can be programmed to relay messages or alert security personnel to immediately dispatch law enforcement
The K3 and K5 ADMs are designed and built in Silicon Valley by Knightscope, and are available to Allied Universal clients nationwide. Deployments have commenced in California, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New York and Texas.