- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
- Groundskeeper »
- Building Technician »
- Campus Operations Manager »
Schneider Electric Announces Updates to StruxureWare Building Operation Software for SmartStruxure Solution
Dallas — April 7, 2015 — Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, announced updates to StruxureWare Building Operation, a software application for the company’s SmartStruxure solution suite.
StruxureWare Building Operation provides integrated monitoring, control and management of energy, lighting, fire safety, and HVAC to ensure that facilities are energy efficient and effectively managed.
The new software includes a variety of features that are designed to increase scalability, protect against cyber threats, enhance usability and system access, and ultimately save time and reduce energy costs.
StruxureWare Building Operation software transforms system data at the automation level into valuable business information and serves as the software that powers SmartStruxure solution, an integrated software/hardware solution designed to maximize building efficiency and reduce operating costs across the entire life cycle of a facility.
SmartStruxure solution breaks down traditional information silos and delivers integrated building information and real-time data via web access, powerful graphics and trend visualizations, rich reports, and mobile applications to ensure that buildings are running at maximum efficiency.
Built on open standards, SmartStruxure solution provides seamless integration through LON, BACnet, Modbus, Web Services, and Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Web Services. In addition, SmartStruxure solution enables numerous advanced building services, such as automatic mechanical equipment analytics and building optimization.
New features and enhancements available in StruxureWare Building Operation include:
• Increased scalability: Offers greater flexibility for larger and distributed site architectures with varying applications and allows for easy expansion to meet an organization’s growing and changing building management requirements.
• Cybersecurity enhancements: Upgrades enhance the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of the system. These features help protect facilities and their data against vulnerabilities while minimizing the potential for cybersecurity threats via password policy enhancements, IT whitelisting to restrict access to a pre-defined list of hosts or devices, encryption, automatic redirects to secure https sites and alarm enhancements. These enhancements satisfy the minimum baseline requirements to meet DIARMF compliance (U.S. Dept. of Defense Information Assurance Risk Management Framework).
• Enhanced user experience and system access: Includes personalized web layouts, HTML5 support to enable enhanced access across tablets and other devices, built-in search functionality for faster trouble-shooting, and support for Microsoft products.
• Engineering efficiencies: Saves time and reduces costs by engineering servers offline and later deploying when live onsite. Additionally, the new software implements consistent design, ensuring repeatability and time efficiency and minimizes site downtime for upgrades with runtime compatibility between versions.
“Controlling costs and mitigating risk are business imperatives,” said Jim Sandelin, senior vice president, Buildings Business, Schneider Electric. “With greater access to energy information, business leaders can maximize efficiency for up to 30 percent energy savings, resulting in lower operating costs. With this latest release, we are pleased to bring an even greater level of functionality that will help facility leaders better manage and protect their facilities.”