Home of Building Operating Management & Facility Maintenance Decisions
Insider Reports

FacilitiesNet eNewsletter
eNews Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Sign up for eBook


« Back to Facilities Management News Home

« Roofing

Rubberized Roofing Cement and Versatility

New RGA 1 rubberized flashing cement from Mule-Hide Products Co. gives contractors a versatile option for sealing asphalt membranes and flashings while providing up to 10 percent more coverage per case than competitive products.

RGA 1 can be used to seal various substrates, including:

  • SBS modified bitumen seams, laps and perimeter edges; 
  • splits, cracks, blisters, metal flanges and punctures in asphalt-based roof membranes and flashings; 
  • tabs, edges, step flashings and valleys in shingled roofs; 
  • seams and edges in rubberized waterproofing projects; 
  • concrete or brick at chimney flashings. 

Packaged in 10-ounce plastic tubes, RGA 1 can be applied to dry and wet surfaces, including submerged surfaces.

A removable, screw-on tip ensures that product is not lost in the tip, providing up to 10 percent more coverage from each case. When using any cartridge-packaged sealant, product is retained in the tip when the tube is empty because there is no longer pressure to push the remaining sealant out of the tip. With RGA 1, the tip can simply be removed and placed on a new tube, enabling the retained product to be used. With competitive products with fixed-tip cartridges, the retained product is wasted in every tube.

RGA 1 is offered in a single grade, eliminating the need to switch between winter and summer grades with the change of seasons.

RGA 1 is approved for use with Mule-Hide Products self-adhered modified bitumen and APP modified bitumen roofing systems. It is not approved for use on single-ply membranes, under APP modified bitumen or torch products with a burn-off film, or in direct contact with Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) or Extruded Polystyrene (XPS).

Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »   posted on: 6/29/2018

More From 6/29/2018 on FacilitiesNet