- Director of Facilities »
- Plumber and Steamfitter »
- Facilities Support Specialist »
- Facilities Manager »
- Career Opportunity- Maximize Your HVAC Skills »
Reliable Controls Announces RoHS2 Compliancy
Reliable Controls is further demonstrating its commitment to the environment by ensuring its products and processes are free of hazardous substances. The company is officially declaring RoHS2 Compliance on its MACH-Pro line of products, SMART-Sensors, and any future products.
The electronics industry historically used hazardous chemicals as part of the process of manufacturing. Additionally, the raw materials used in manufacturing may contain traces of hazardous material. The initiative to eliminate these substances is referred to as the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
Four years ago, Reliable Controls started the process of identifying and removing hazardous materials in its processes. This included purchasing capital equipment and involved installing a new production line that could withstand the higher operating temperatures needed to use Pb free (lead-free) solder as well as selecting new solder alloys that would not compromise quality. After a year of testing and validation Reliable Controls achieved this goal in May 2015.
During 2016, a complete analysis and validation of raw materials was completed. Engineering and purchasing processes were amended to ensure the following materials were removed from the products and manufacturing processes:
- Lead (Pb): < 1000 ppm
- Mercury (Hg): < 100 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd): < 100 ppm
- Hexavalent Chromium: (Cr VI) < 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB): < 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE): < 1000 ppm
- Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP): < 1000 ppm
- Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP): < 1000 ppm
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP): < 1000 ppm
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP): < 1000 ppm
This new milestone will assist the Reliable Controls Authorized Dealer Network when confronted with a specification that requires RoHS2 compliance.