« Back to Facilities Management News Home
« Power & Communication
Product Release: ACS Motion Control Expands EtherCAT-based Product Offering to Deliver Complete and Flexible EtherCAT Control Solutions
EDEN PRARIE, Minn. -- ACS Motion Control, an international manufacturer of advanced multi-axis motion and machine control systems, has expanded its advanced portfolio of EtherCAT drives to further complement its soft and standalone master controllers. ACS' SPiiPlus EtherCAT family of products offer advanced, high-level machine control with a smaller footprint and lower cost when compared to competing control solutions. ACS EtherCAT control solutions are fully scalable up to 64 axes with thousands of I/Os, and also support third party EtherCAT devices.
ACS' powerful EtherCAT master controllers include:
· SPiiPlusSC -- Software-based control platform maximizes performance while minimizing cost. Enabling PCs to run a 64-axis real-time motion controller and high-speed PLC entirely in software, the SPiiPlusSC automatically installs the real-time operating system, and converts a standard Ethernet port into the EtherCAT master communication channel to manage all machine drives and I/O. The advanced soft controller solution simplifies the connectivity of the entire motion control system by eliminating dedicated controller hardware as well as Windows dependence or latency.
· SPiiPlusNTM - Economical 64-axis standalone controller.
· MC4Unt - Customizable rack mount control system (up to 8 axes of universal drives) includes integrated EtherCAT master controller that connects additional slave devices to create a 32-axis system.
· SPiiPlus CMnt - 32-axis controller includes two built-in high performance universal motor drives (up to 1.6kW per axis).
· ACS' master controllers are complemented by a full line of EtherCAT slave motor drives and I/O modules.Each of these devices utilize EtherCAT's distributed clock feature, providing fully synchronized network motion control with worst case sync jitter of less than 0.1 microseconds.
· SPiiPlus UDMpm - Single/dual axis high-performance universal drives for linear and rotary motors up to 1600W continuous.
· SPiiPlus UDMpc - Single/dual axis high-performance universal drives for motors. up to 400W continuous. Geared for OEMs in a compact PCB mount form factor.
· SPiiPlus UDMnt - Single/dual axis economical universal drives for motors up to 400W continuous.
· SPiiPlus IOMnt - Compact digital I/O module with 32 inputs and 32 outputs, up to 0.5A per output (16A total).
The SPiiPlus EtherCAT family is ideal for demanding applications including SMT assembly machines, semiconductor manufacturing and inspection equipment, FPD manufacturing and inspection equipment, solar panel manufacturing, packaging machines, medical body scanners, robotics, wide format printing and motion-centric industrial automation.
For more information about the SPiiPlus Soft Controller and EtherCAT product line, contact ACS at 6575 City West Parkway, Eden Prairie, MN 55344; call 763-559-7669 ext.131; e-mail email@example.com; or go to www.acsmotioncontrol.com.
About ACS Motion Control
An international manufacturer of advanced multi-axis motion controllers, machine controllers and integrated control modules, ACS provides standard and custom products that combine power and precision to deliver flexible, economical, user-friendly motion and machine control solutions. Established in 1985, ACS' international headquarters is located in Israel and its North American headquarters resides in Eden Prairie, MN. ACS also has facilities in South Korea, Germany, and distributors worldwide that deliver dependable customer service and product support. ACS is an ISO9001 certified manufacturing facility, demonstrating its continuous commitment to providing customers with reliable devices that are thoroughly tested with the latest available techniques.
More From 4/27/2012 on FacilitiesNet