- Sr. Building Systems Engineer »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
Morbern’s New Facility Lessens Environmental Impact
Environmental responsibility is front and center during the building of Morbern’s 20,000-square-foot expansion in Cornwall, Ontario.
The $9 million project adds manufacturing space and introduces new technology that allows the company to improve efficiencies and reduce waste.
“The advancements in our manufacturing process and facilities are exciting,” said Morbern Vice President of Sales Doug McClendon. “We’re thrilled about the impact these changes will have.”
Key initiatives include:
· Water conservation: Installing close loop cooling circuits will reduce water consumption by 75 percent to 80 percent, taking their water usage from 335,000 cubic meters per year to below 88,000 cubic meters.
· Emissions reduction: A new coater in the ink room will reduce fume emissions by 50 percent.
· Waste reduction: The ink room’s new coater operates more efficiently than previous equipment, reducing waste disposal by 20 percent.
Morbern expects the expanded facility to be operational by January 2017.