- FACILITIES PROJECT COORDINATOR »
- Building Assistant »
- Building Services Supervisor (Evening shift) »
- Corporate Leader- Planning, Design and Con. »
- Assistant Chief Facilities Officer (Buses) »
Miami Tower Completes First "Above Ground" Sky Lobby Modernization
Transwestern Oversees Modernization of Iconic Building’s 11th Floor Sky Lobby and Sky Terrace Overlooking Miami’s CBD
MIAMI – Transwestern’s South Florida office has announced the completion of the “in the sky” lobby modernization at Miami Tower, the first of its kind. On the heels of more than 100,000 square feet of transactions in 2012, Miami Tower’s renovation to its Sky Lobby will ensure that it remains a preeminent address for business in Miami.
“The design of the Sky Lobby modernization enables the space to be an accessory to the I.M. Pei design, where the features add character to the building, rather than to compete,” said Eric Groffman, senior vice president with Transwestern, the exclusive leasing agent for Miami Tower. “Less than two years after purchasing the asset, the ownership reinvested into the property, anticipating a strong reaction from existing and prospective tenants alike.”
The Sky Lobby is a unique configuration of indoor and outdoor space, totaling nearly 35,000 square feet where the public and private can congregate in a contemporized space, upgraded with modern technologies and amenities.
“We continue to invest in one of Miami’s prized downtown towers,” said Ty Spearing, managing director with building owner LaSalle Investment Management. “We commenced the lobby modernization directly following the overhaul of the lighting system to state-of-the-art LED technology. The lobby modernization is the first of a two-phase upgrade. Phase II is confidential for now, but will be another great surprising upgrade.”
Key elements of the Phase I modernization include:
· A free flowing one-of-a-kind art sculpture mounted on a main wall, designed by Miami designer Peggy Nye & Lodin. The sculpture is comprised of formed resin panels approximately 25 feet by 5 feet, with silver waving ridges and brushed stainless steel standoffs. Accent lighting illuminates the art form.
· Adjacent to the art sculpture, a 21-foot by 14-foot glass wall creates a central focus for the Sky Lobby. Also designed by Peggy Nye & Lodin, the glass wall is comprised of white back painted glass panels, back-lit by LED strip lighting and attached to the wall with brushed stainless steel standoffs.
· The furniture in the space is segmented into quads, featuring orange Knoll Studio accent chairs and stools, flat panel monitors, cafe dining furniture and outdoor lounge chairs, bar stools, bar tables, and several unique shade sails. The interior white leather sofas and lounge chairs are classics, designed by Le Corbusier in the late 1920s.
The 618,990-square-foot, 47-story, Class A tower is one of the world’s most recognized office buildings in Miami’s skyline due primarily to its changing palette of exterior lighting schemes, which feature seasonal, city, sports and private event themes. Designed by legendary architect I.M. Pei, Miami Tower stands out against a burgeoning downtown, boasting unparalleled ease of access to expressways, courthouses and the Metro Mover. The iconic image of the city's business district, located at 100 S.E. 2nd Street, is home to marquis tenants such as UBS, Carlton Fields, Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP and Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A., all of which have either renewed, expanded or both within the past 24 months.
Peggy Nye & Lodin was the design architect of record on the renovation. Headquartered in Miami, Peggy Nye & Lodin has been providing architecture and interior design services to many local and international Fortune 500 companies for more than 30 years.
For more information about Transwestern, please visit www.transwestern.net/Miami or contact 305.808.7310.
Transwestern is a privately held real estate firm specializing in agency leasing, property and facilities management, tenant advisory, capital markets, development, research and sustainability. The fully integrated enterprise leverages competencies in office, industrial, retail, multifamily and healthcare properties to add value for investors, owners and occupiers of real estate. Transwestern facilitates better decision-making for clients by combining penetrating local market intelligence and macro-market research through its affiliate, Delta Associates. Transwestern has 33 U.S. offices and assists clients through more than 150 offices in 30 countries as part of a strategic alliance with Paris-based BNP Paribas Real Estate. For more information, please visit www.transwestern.net and follow us on Twitter: @Transwestern.