- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Building Maintenance Technician »
- Senior Project Manager (Electrical & Tech) »
Lithium-Ion Battery Enhances UPS Data Storage
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. announces that the 9900 Series and Summit Series UPS product lines are now available with lithium-ion energy storage solutions. The latest generation of lithium-ion batteries deliver extremely long and reliable life with a high level of safety. Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. offers the ability to provide varying lithium-ion chemistries including Lithium Manganese Oxide (LMO), Nickle Manganese Cobalt Oxide (NMC), and Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) for your UPS. Each solution provides an alternate approach to the traditional means of energy storage in data center applications.
Lithium-ion provides the following advantages over traditional Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) batteries:
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Smaller Footprint
- Lower Weight
- Higher Round Trip Efficiency
- Increased Number of Discharge Cycles
- Fewer Battery Replacements Over the Life of the UPS
- Integrated Battery Management System
- Less Maintenance Requirements
- Longer Storage Life
These solutions are UL listed and have multiple levels of safety features built-in allowing them to be easily adapted into most data center environments. Lithium ion energy storage solutions are cost effective and are offered with up to a 15-year warranty. Combined with the features listed above, lithium ion provides the lowest total cost of ownership when compared to traditional VRLA solutions.
Mitsubishi Electric UPS products deliver high reliability through robust proprietary technology designed to provide continuous power in the most demanding environments. Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc’s installed base of 9900 series uninterruptible power supplies have sustained load carrying capability greater than 99.9992 percent of their actual operational history.