- Operating Engineer »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
KONE Wins Order for Largest High-Rise Development in Dallas
KONE, a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, today announced it won an order to provide 18 elevators to Park District, a 916,000-square foot mixed-use project located at 2101 Pearl Street in downtown Dallas, Texas.
“To help ensure a safe and comfortable ride, KONE is driving global innovation with our Smart Building solutions, such as KONE Destination. Unlike conventional elevator control systems, which only register the desired travel direction, KONE Destination incorporates the desired floors and the number of waiting passengers to significantly improve elevator convenience and efficiency. We are proud to be selected as the elevator solutions provider to what is sure to be a unique landmark in Dallas,” said Larry Wash, executive vice president of KONE Americas.
Park District consists of a 19-story shell office building with four additional garage levels below grade, as well as a 32-story luxury residential tower, ground-floor retail and 5-story parking garage above grade overlooking the award-winning Klyde Warren Park. Additionally, the project includes finished amenity space for the apartments, landscaping and shell retail spaces.
The project is developed by Trammell Crow Company (TTC) and joint venture partner Metlife, Inc., and is designed by Dallas-based HKS Architects. Future tenants of Park District include Princewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) and High Street Residential, TCC’s residential subsidiary.
To ensure the safest and most comfortable travel in between floors, KONE will provide the following solutions to Park District:
- Ten KONE MiniSpace™ elevators, which offer a versatile elevator solution with a compact machine room ideal for offices, hotels and residential buildings.
- Six KONE MonoSpace® elevators, the newest line of KONE elevators available in the US, which command excellent energy efficiency with regenerative drive technology, LED lighting and advanced standby options.
- Two KONE EcoSpace® elevators, an industry-leading machine room-less (MRL) elevator and an ideal low-rise solution that is both space and energy efficient.
- Nine of the elevator units will be equipped with KONE Destination, an innovative elevator control system which dramatically increases the elevator system’s ability to handle the traffic flow in high rise buildings. Rather than press a traditional up and down button, the passenger selects their destination using a destination operating panel in the lobby and is then intelligently guided to a designated elevator car, reducing wait times and unnecessary stops.
For more information, see www.kone.us.