- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Building Technician »
- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
Ingersoll Rand Introduces the EcoWise Portfolio of Products as Step to Achieve its Global Climate Commitment
Davidson, N.C. — Jan. 26, 2015 – Ingersoll Rand, a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable, and efficient environments, is pleased to announce another milestone in achieving its climate commitment, a roadmap to significantly reduce the environmental impact from its operations and product portfolio by 2030.
Ingersoll Rand has created the EcoWise portfolio of products for its climate and industrial refrigerant-bearing products that are designed to lower environmental impact with next generation, low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants and high efficiency operation.
These products are compatible with and can use next generation low GWP refrigerants, reduce environmental impact by lowering greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and maintain or improve safety and energy efficiency through innovative design.
“The Ingersoll Rand EcoWise portfolio is a demonstration of our commitment to reducing the impact on the environment, and providing more sustainable product choices for our customers — particularly as they make the transition to products using next generation, low GWP refrigerants,” said Didier Teirlinck, executive vice president for climate businesses of Ingersoll Rand.
“In addition to the series of products we are announcing today, the company will continue to introduce commercial, residential, and transport HVAC, and transport refrigeration products that achieve the criteria for the EcoWise endorsement.”•
The first products to earn the EcoWise endorsement are:
• Trane Sintesis air-cooled chiller is energy efficient and quiet, and offers customers the choice of operating with a next generation, low GWP refrigerant — DuPont Opteon XP10 (R-513A) or with R-134a. Product will be available in North America and Latin America with next generation refrigerant option in June 2015.
• Trane Series E CenTraVac is a large-capacity chiller that uses the same low-pressure design on which current CenTraVac chillers were based, and uses a next generation, low GWP refrigerant, Honeywell Solstice zd (R-1233zd(E)). It is up to 10 percent more energy efficient than the next available centrifugal chiller available today, and is available in Europe, the Middle East, and other 50hz markets including Japan.
• Thermo King truck and trailer refrigeration products sold in Europe and global marine refrigeration units are safe, reliable, and efficient, and use DuPont Opteon XP44 (R-452A) refrigerant, which has about 50 percent less GWP than current refrigerant. New SLXe trailer units with next generation refrigerant will be available in February 2015. New factory units and retrofit kits will be available in the European Union in 2015.
Ingersoll Rand is helping to solve some of the world’s most pressing challenges – including the unsustainable demand for energy resources and its impact on the environment. To create a sustainable future, Ingersoll Rand announced a profound climate commitment in September 2014 — a roadmap to significantly increase energy efficiency and reduce its environmental impact from its operations and product portfolio by 2030 (with milestones at 2020). Its climate commitment has three prongs:
• 50 percent reduction in the direct GHG potential for its HVAC products by 2030
• 35 percent reduction in GHG footprint of its own operations by 2020
• $500 million investment in product-related research and development over the next five years to fund the long-term reduction of GHG emissions