- Supervisor Plant Maintenance »
- Public Works Supervisor - Facilities Maintenance »
- Implementation Consultants - Multiple Roles »
- Facility Maintenance Manager »
- Temporary Facilities Coordinator »
Hydraulic Institute Honors Industry with Excellence Awards During Centennial Celebration
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) awarded the Pump Industry Excellence Awards at the 2017 Annual Conference & Centennial Celebration in Orlando, Fla., on March 10, 2017. These inaugural awards recognized pump end-users, owner/operators, engineering consultants that have excelled in applying new pump technologies, and optimizing pumping systems when executing their mission.
“HI is proud to recognize organizations that achieve their corporate and social goals by improving their pumping systems”, sMichael Michaud, HI Executive Director, said. “These four organizations stand out because they push beyond technological boundaries and strive for increasing efficiency. Since pumping systems account for 25 percent of electricity use in the US, we hope that the successes highlighted by these awards will inspire others to become more efficient, improve technology, save energy and ultimately improve the environment.”
Awards were presented for three categories Energy Efficiency, Environmental Impact, and Innovation & Technology and four organizations who have demonstrated commitment to advancing pumping solutions and technology while helping to preserve North America’s precious natural resources were recognized:
- Con Edison of NY received the Energy Efficiency Award for their effort to improve their fluid transfer pumping systems that, in turn, improves the efficiency of not only their steam stations, but all buildings and homes in their service area. The award also confirms Con Edison’s commitment to their customers and providing energy-saving solutions, clean power, and more energy-efficient choices to the people that they serve. This award was sponsored by TACO Comfort Solutions.
- Cleanwater Services and Portland General Electric shared the Environmental Impact Award for their positive impact on the environment by improving water quality through joint energy programs as well as habitat protection, through training and comprehensive pump systems solutions. This award was sponsored by Xylem, Inc.
- FMCTechnip accepted the Technology & Innovation Award for their efforts in combining pumping, separation, and operation in revolutionary ways to solve old and new problems, resulting in lower total costs of ownership to their clients. A real life example of TechnipFMC innovation and technology excellence is their work in “Parque das Conchas” a deep-water oil field in Brazil. This award was sponsored by Sulzer.
To learn more about the Pump Industry Excellence Awards Program please visit www.pumps.org/100.