Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
HVAC Pumps Offer Increased Energy Efficiency
Xylem Bell & Gossett will debut best-in-class hydronic products for commercial building applications and exhibit its leading drives and controls technology during the 2019 International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR), Jan. 14-16, in Atlanta.
In a live launch at 11 a.m. Monday at Xylem Booth C6323, Bell & Gossett will unveil a new line of double suction centrifugal pumps designed specifically for commercial HVAC systems. The highly versatile double suction pump simplifies the B&G portfolio and delivers powerful performance and industry-best efficiency.
“Increasing the overall efficiency of commercial buildings is a top priority for facility owners, architects and engineers in order to achieve sustainability goals and reduce costs,” said Rocio Echeverria, Vice President, Marketing, Americas Commercial Team, Xylem. “Through both product innovation and deep technological expertise, Bell & Gossett leads the industry in providing smart solutions for modern-day challenges facing our customers.”
The Bell & Gossett product showcase will include its expanded line of Electronically Commutated Permanent Magnet (ECM) motors that are more powerful, reliable and efficient than other motors on the market, along with technologically advanced drives and controls that take hydronic systems to a new level of flexibility and efficiency.
“In new or retrofit commercial building HVAC systems, total system design is the key to maximizing efficiency,” Echeverria said. “By combining B&G’s expansive portfolio of pumps with advanced variable speed drives and ECM motors, hydronic systems can achieve greater efficiencies than ever before, saving thousands each year in energy costs.”
The Bell & Gossett booth will also spotlight the industry’s first smart multiphase circulator pump — the ecocirc XL 3-phase smart ECM large wet rotor circulator. The ecocirc XL 3-phase extends the advanced features of the energy-efficient ecocirc XL product line with models that have greater capacity to meet the high head/high flow pumping demands of larger systems.
“The broad range of performance characteristics available in the ecocirc XL 3-phase smart ECM large wet rotor circulator reduces the number and types of pumps required for typical building HVAC and plumbing installations,” Echeverria said. The ecocirc XL 3-phase smart ECM circulator automatically adjusts performance to match system demand, ensuring efficient operation and reducing energy use.
B&G product and solutions showcase
Additional highlights of the Xylem booth include the B&G parallel sensorless technology, Temp-Setter Thermostatic Balance Valves and B&G’s highly efficient and Department of Energy-compliant e-Series portfolio, among other products. Visit Xylem Booth C6323 to learn more about the Bell & Gossett product line and industry-leading system solutions for commercial buildings:
- PPS Parallel Pump System – The new B&G sensorless pump controller is an add-on device that coordinates the output of multiple pumps in parallel pumping configuration. The staging/destaging multipump configurations are created on the basis of efficiency, rather than capacity, thus allowing increased pumping efficiency. The “sensorless” configuration ensures reduced site installation costs, replacing a wired discharge pressure transducer (DPT).
- Temp-Setter Thermostatic Balance Valves — The newest B&G valve offering maximizes potable water recirculation system energy efficiency and helps prevent the development of Legionella bacteria; features adjustable temperature-based balance valves 98°F – 149°F (or 36C – 65C) and available in ½” and ¾” models with optional manual or actuated thermal eradication bypass.
- e-1510 with HYDROVAR – A special display features the B&G Series e-1510 pump, the highest efficiency base mounted end suction pump on the market today, with the HYDROVAR intelligent variable speed controller, to achieve maximum efficiency and flexibility in hydronic systems. Attendees can learn how to install and program the HYDROVAR kit to retrofit pumps already installed in the field.
- ESP-Systemwize – Updates to ESP-Systemwize, the industry’s premier online selection tool that provides HVAC and plumbing system designers the ability to choose all system components within a single integrated tool. New features to the program make it easier to optimize pump selection, compare operating costs, calculate floor space and check selections against Department of Energy efficiency ratings.
- Wastewater Package System – Designed for commercial sewage and effluent systems, the prepackaged wastewater system includes the basin, panel and pump. Systems are customizable to the application and designed to improve reliability and efficiency and eliminate downtime.
- Xylem Watermark – Learn about Xylem’s corporate social responsibility initiative, Watermark, and its dedication to providing and protecting safe water resources to more than 2 million people in communities around the world.