Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Goodway Technologies Launches New Website with Enhanced Marketplace Portal
In today's B2B world, there are no longer choices when it comes to websites. You need a mobile – and preferably responsive - website, you need relevant, timely and engaging content and, if you sell products online, you need an easy-to-use buying experience. The Amazon“ation” of B2B online marketing is in full effect, and the first place buyers go to research products and services is online before they choose a company or product. To meet these exacting needs and standards, Goodway Technologies has recently launched a new website with a completely redesigned experience, making it easier to research, purchase or receive a quote on products.
The complexity of website design and the user experience has changed drastically over the years. Tim Robb, Goodway vice president of marketing and strategic business development, created his first website almost 20 years ago and said these new additions to the Goodway website and marketplace are needed, and necessary.
“We are committed to providing not just exceptional products to our customers, but an equally pleasant experience at any point in their relationship with Goodway,” says Robb. “For example, we have seen a massive increase in the number of prospective customers doing their research using a mobile device and our goal is to make it easier for them to find the information they need, whether product related or informative content.”
Below are four ways any business can improve their website or online marketplace to provide a smooth and seamless online buying experience.
- Mobile friendly-Mobile e-commerce is on the up and up and has no plans of stopping soon. Making sure your website is responsive on mobile devices should seem like a no-brainer, but it is worth stating. If your site is not easy and seamless to use on mobile, your customers will quickly find another that is.
- Be Intuitive-Planning a site map can be stressful and require a couple of revisions to get it right. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes – What do you think they will want to click on first? What it the easiest way to get them from the product catalog to their shopping cart? Your website and the online marketplace should be easy to navigate for all users.
- Don’t make them click around–Web users today, especially in the facility management sector, don’t have time to click all over your site. Instead, put the information they are looking for in front of them right away, such as product details, specs, and comparison charts. On the new Goodway site, users can navigate through the site by either product type or by the industry focus- Commercial and Industrial HVAC; Power Plant Maintenance; Food and Beverage Processing; Facility Maintenance; and Maritime and Offshore.
- Keep evolving-The needs of your customers are always changing. Make sure they have a great experience on your site or in your marketplace by continually updating and improving your site. It is important to survey your users and frequent customers to learn what pain points might be apparent and how you can adjust them to make the user experience better.
Implementing these tips on any website are possible without needing to redesign or rewrite it completely. However, a site that isn’t up to date is almost as bad as not having one. Keeping your site accurate and providing new content is the best way to ensure satisfied, and returning, customers.
Visit www.goodway.com to check out the new experience, and the wide variety chiller, boiler tube cleaning and cooling tower maintenance solutions available.