- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance Manager »
- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Plumber and Steamfitter »
- Director of Facilities »
Folding Glass Wall and Improved Acoustics
NanaWall Systems showcased its opening glass wall systems at the AIA Conference on Architecture in Las Vegas, June 6-9. AcoustiFOLD—the industry’s first floor-supported folding glass wall that is able to achieve up to STC 45 for commercial settings and interior spaces.
“Our opening glass walls give architects the solution they need to create a space that offers both acoustic privacy and design flexibility without sacrificing natural daylight,” said Ebrahim Nana, CEO of NanaWall Systems. “The new NanaWall AcoustiFOLD provides architects and designers with a folding glass wall system that has unrivaled sound reduction to improve educational, commercial and other interior spaces.”
NanaWall AcoustiFOLD combines sleek acoustically separated aluminum framing and specialized gasketing with sound-enhanced glass to achieve optimal performance and unprecedented levels of external noise reduction. While many spaces that require acoustic privacy used to rely on immovable walls, AcoustiFOLD achieves a range from STC 35 up to STC 45 due to NanaWall’s engineering. The minimal surface mounted flush sill is ADA compliant and when installed with finished flooring has a minimal 15/16” (23.5 mm) of track exposed.
NanaWall will be displaying several glass wall systems on the show floor, including:
- cero by NanaWall: Cero makes its West Coast debut on display at AIA 2019 in Las Vegas for the first time. This opening glass wall not only achieves an STC 43 sound rating for interiors, but its ADA compliant Flush Sill is the shallowest available in the large panel minimal sliding glass wall category, making it optimal for interior construction.
- ClimaCLEAR: NanaWall ClimaCLEAR is the only frameless all-glass individual panel sliding system specifically engineered for transparent weather protection. When the system is closed, the seals virtually disappear from sight, allowing for maximum transparency with no vertical stiles, providing natural daylight, open views, and a clean modern appearance.