Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
- Building Services Officer »
- Director of College Facilities »
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
Fire Sprinklers Target High-Ceiling Use
Johnson Controls announces its new Tyco Early Suppression Fast Response (ESFR)-22 pendent sprinklers has joined the Tyco line of storage sprinklers.
The ESFR-22 can be installed in storage facilities with a ceiling height up to 45 feet and a storage arrangement up to 40 feet without requiring in-rack sprinklers. The system can also be installed with a maximum deflector-to-ceiling distance of 18 inches, resulting in a reduction of product and installation costs, as well as increased storage space due to higher roof/rack heights. Facility owners gain additional flexibility with stock configurations and eliminate costly in-rack sprinkler service, repair and maintenance.
Model ESFR-22 sprinklers are primarily used for ceiling-only sprinkler protection of, but not limited to, the following storage applications:
- Most encapsulated or non-encapsulated common materials, including cartoned, unexpanded plastics
- Uncartoned (exposed) expanded plastics
- Some storage arrangements of rubber tires, roll paper, flammable liquids and aerosols
The ESFR-22 meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and FM Global (FM Approvals) installation standards that must be used to properly design an automatic sprinkler system utilizing ESFR Sprinklers.