- Palm Beach State College Opportunities »
- Implementation Consultants - Multiple Roles »
- Custodial Assistant »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- CCC-Public Works Field Ops Manager »
Expanded Tire Line Aims To Enhance Utility Vehicle Productivity
Michelin North America, Inc., is pumping up its Tweel airless radial line. At the Green Industry Expo this week in Louisville, Ky., Michelin introduced new products to its TURF and UTV lines. Three of these additions will feature 5-4.5 inch bolt-pattern configurations.
New TURF products
- New 24-inch TURF size for zero-turn radius (ZTR) mowers with 5-4.5 inch bolt-pattern hubs
- New 26-inch TURF size for zero-turn radius (ZTR) mowers with 5-4.5 inch bolt-pattern hubs
- New 13-inch ZTR caster design with improved performance and stability
“Michelin is listening and responding to customer requests. With the 5-4.5 inch bolt-pattern hub configuration comprising over half of the total commercial ZTR market, Michelin responded with these new offers in our award-winning airless tire product line,” said Olivier Brauen, vice president of Michelin Tweel Technologies.
Gravely, Ferris, Kubota and Grasshopper operators of ZTR mowers using 24-inch, 5-4.5 inch bolt-pattern rear tire/wheels will be able to buy the MICHELIN® X® TWEEL® TURF no-compromise airless solution for their commercial mowers in limited quantities by the end of 2018.
Available as an aftermarket product through Sunbelt Outdoor Products and ANI Products, the 24-inch, 5-4.5 inch bolt-pattern black hub version will fit:
- Gravely PRO-TURN 100, 200 and 400 Series
- Ferris IS2600Z series and F210Z models
- Kubota Z725 and Z726 models
- Grasshopper M1 MidMount 200, 300 & 400 Series and FrontMount 900 Series
The 26-inch, 5-4.5inch bolt-pattern MICHELIN® X® TWEEL® TURF is now available as a no-compromise airless rear solution for Kubota, eXmark, Ferris and Bad Boy operators of commercial ZTR mowers. Available immediately as an aftermarket product for online purchase through Michelin as well as through Sunbelt Outdoor Products and ANI Products, the 26-inch, 5-4.5 inch bolt-pattern black hub version will fit:
- Kubota ZD1211, ZD1511 and ZG326 models
- eXmark Lazer Z Diesel
- Ferris F320Z and IS3200Z models
- Bad Boy 1500 Diesel
The redesigned MICHELIN X TWEEL TURF Caster makes its debut after numerous customer requests. Available immediately in the 13x6.5N6 size, the new configuration is designed to provide enhanced performance and more stability with its flat, smooth design, fitting a larger range of mowers than the current ribbed version.
New UTV products
Two utility off-highway applications will make their debut:
- New 26-inch UTV 5-4.5 inch bolt-pattern hub for John Deere Gator UTVs and Argo XTVs
- New 26-inch UTV 4-110 mm bolt-pattern for several Honda, Kubota, Yamaha and Argo ATVs and UTVs.
The new MICHELIN X TWEEL UTV 26x9N14 airless radial tire with 5-4.5 inch and 4-110 mm bolt-patterns designed for use on ATVs and UTVs will be sold as fitments for the John Deere, Honda, Kubota, Yamaha and Argo replacement market. With a 50-mph speed rating at a maximum gross vehicle weight of 2,860 pounds, the 26-inch UTV will be available in limited quantities by the end of 2018 for a variety of machines, including:
- John Deere Gator XUVs
- Honda Pioneer and ATVs
- Kubota RTV 900
- Yamaha Viking
- Argo XTVs and ATVs
“Our production facility is primed for increasing our portfolio and has been manufacturing these new products for customers to boost their productivity and bottom line,” Brauen said.