- Facilities Support Specialist »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- Facilities Manager »
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance Manager »
- Career Opportunity- Maximize Your HVAC Skills »
Expanded Line of Power Meters Target Flexibility and Efficiency
Schneider Electric has announced it is extending its line of PowerLogic EM4200 series Enercept energy and power meters to include five new meters, which join the previously announced line of Enercept Flex meters, to provide installers with enhanced application flexibility and options for retrofit applications.
The EM4200 series Enercept meters are ideal for energy management, tenant sub-billing and demand response applications in existing retail stores and shopping centers, commercial offices, hotels and other types of buildings, and provide a total, unique retrofit solution for measuring energy via a single device. The small form factor enables retrofit installation into existing panels to save wall space, installation time and material cost.
“The Enercept series meters solve the challenges that organizations are currently facing in creating more efficient buildings in retrofit environments,” said Mark Nolan, director, offer management and marketing, Schneider Electric. “With the extended line of Enercept series meters, contractors can significantly cut down on installation time, and building managers can quickly commission and utilize data from the meters to improve energy use and costs over a building’s lifecycle.”
The EM4200 series Enercept meters were designed with the end user in mind, offering maximum flexibility through two major options:
- System-calibrated Enercept series meters simplify ordering and come with pre-wired low voltage (LVCT) or Rogowski coil current transducers, as well as pre-wired fuse packs. Ordering a single part number provides a system calibrated 1 percent overall accuracy metering system for 100A-, 200A-, 400A- or 5,000A-range applications.
- Enercept Flex meters offer the flexibility required for many sites where selecting the type and size of current transducer is desired. The Enercept Flex is compatible with standard 0.333 volt split and solid core low voltage current transducers, or rope-style Rogowski coil current transducers.
When installed, the Enercept series meters automatically integrate with Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure™ Power and Energy Management solutions via auto-detect software to provide building managers with data that can improve energy efficiency by up to 20 percent. The meters are compatible with other building management system (BMS) software and are equipped with BACnet® and Modbus® protocols. With a unique swizzle feature, the EM4200 series Enercept meters can quickly correct installation errors directly from BMS software, improving maintenance, installation and downtime costs.
Additional features of the EM4200 Enercept series meters include:
- Uni-directional and bi-directional metering. The bi-directional feature is an essential solution for solar and other renewable applications, and measures import, export and net energy transfer.
- Best-in-class reliability with ANSI C12.20 0.2 percent accuracy and IEC 62053-22 Class 0.2S Improved application versatility with 90 to 480-volt AC, which eliminates the need for contractors to keep additional models in stock.
The EM4200 series Enercept power and energy meters are currently available through channel partners and directly through Schneider Electric’s iPortal.