- Space Management Specialist »
- Groundskeeper »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
- Building Technician »
- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
Espen Technology: Small Rhode Island School District Enjoys Reduction in Maintenance, Energy Use, and Mercury
March 16, 2016 — Burrillville School Department is one of the smallest school districts in Rhode Island. Despite this, they have successfully started to upgrade their linear lighting in all five schools, from fluorescent to LED tubes. The benefits have far exceeded the upfront costs:
• Reduced maintenance: The LED tubes installed in the district's five schools come with Espen Technology's five-year warranty. That means much fewer lamp changes are required, and less labor.
• Energy savings: The retrofits achieved over 50 percent reduction in lighting energy use. The 12W TLED replaced the existing 28 - 32W T8 fluorescent tubes.
• Mercury eliminated: Switching from fluorescent lamps to LED tubes eliminates mercury use as well as the legal and cost burdens of recycling spent fluorescent lamps. The school district appreciates the more sustainable lighting solution.
Burrillville School District partnered with Northeast Energy Solutions (NES), a distributor and energy-efficient lighting specialist. NES also assisted the district in obtaining an $18,800 utility rebate for the six buildings located in National Grid's territory.
NES needed a manufacturer that would provide the quality LED tubes to insure there would be savings beyond the five-year warranty. NES also needed a manufacturer with high value product that delivered a compelling payback. It chose Espen Technology and its extensive line of ballast-compatible LED tubes. Espen Technology has emerged as a leading manufacturer of LED tubes to the municipal and education markets.
For more information about Espen Technology, visit www.espentech.com.