- Operating Engineer »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
Eaton: Wins Third Consecutive ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award
Power management company Eaton announced that it’s being recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a 2017 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award winner. The Sustained Excellence Award is the result of the company being named for the third consecutive year and Eaton is the first lighting luminaire manufacturer to receive this distinguished honor since 2009.
“We value our alliance with ENERGY STAR and we’re extremely honored to be recognized for the third consecutive year,” said Kraig Kasler, president, Eaton’s Lighting Division. “Eaton remains dedicated to educating customers about the benefits of using energy-efficient products that help reduce greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change, while reducing energy and maintenance costs.”
The award is a result of the company’s continued leadership in helping to protect the environment through superior energy efficiency achievements, specifically for its offering of ENERGY STAR-certified products in the recessed downlight category; its commitment to educating distributors, retailers and builders about ENERGY STAR; and helping to improve customer experiences with energy-efficient lighting.
Key ENERGY STAR accomplishments by Eaton’s Lighting Division in 2016 include:
· Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR certified product offerings by more than 26 times
· Organizing ENERGY STAR training events that reached sales associates at more than 3,600 distributor/retail locations
· Increasing sales of ENERGY STAR certified units by 112 percent
· Leveraging the ENERGY STAR message throughout retail locations and online marketplaces and continuing to demonstrate leadership in driving impressions with more than 125,000 people in 2016
· Leading promoter of ENERGY STAR at tradeshows and industry events among fixture manufacturers
Eaton has collaborated with the EPA to save energy from the beginning, starting with its participation in EPA's Green Lights program, which preceded ENERGY STAR. The company received a 2015 and 2016 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Product Brand Owner award and will be recognized this month for its accomplishments at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. on April 26.
Eaton offers one of the broadest ranges of indoor and outdoor qualified, energy-saving luminaires in the North American lighting market. The company’s ENERGY STAR-certified products include the largest offering of Halo and Portfolio light-emitting diode (LED) recessed downlights with more than four million configurable models. The Halo LED downlight product line had the first ENERGY STAR-certified LED downlight in 2009.
Eaton continues to support the EPA, which sets test methods and thresholds for ENERGY STAR specifications, establishing requirements for quality lighting products that can save energy, but also be cost-effective for consumers. These are among the primary reasons why ENERGY STAR is one of the most recognizable brands with consumers. In collaboration with ENERGY STAR, Eaton also works closely with utility companies throughout the country to achieve their energy-saving goals.