- DEPUTY FACILITIES DIRECTOR »
- Facilities Technician »
- CCC-Public Works Field Ops Manager »
- Facilities Property Coordinator »
- Facility Maintenance Manager »
Design Dampens Hospital Infections: Studies
Health care-acquired infections remain a threat to patients in hospitals and similar facilities, but smart designs can help managers minimize their risk to the public, according to information compiled by Sloan Valve Co.
Many patients contract new illnesses from pathogens they contact during their stays in health care facilities. The impact of these infections can be devastating. On any given day, about one in 25 patients has at least one healthcare-related infection. In the most recent studies:
- U.S. hospitals reported 722,000 HAIs.
- 75,000 patients with HAIs died during their hospitalizations.
- HAIs cost hospitals $9.8 billion annually.
But HAIs can be prevented, and smart bathroom design can be a big factor in preventing them. be prevented—and smart bathroom design can be a big factor in preventing them