- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- HVAC Mechanic/General Maintenance Technician »
- Facilities Manager »
DEWALT's POWER DETECT Technology
DEWALT announces POWER DETECT™ Technology included exclusively on four new 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Tools. These include a 7-1/4-In. Circular Saw (DCS574), Reciprocating Saw (DCS368), 5-In. Angle Grinder (DCG415), and Hammer Drill (DCD998).
Newly developed electronics in tools with POWER DETECT™ Technology can identify the battery the tool is paired with and adjust power output accordingly. This is ideal for commercial contractor applications where premium power, performance, runtime, and productivity are required. The new tools also feature upgraded motors and components compared to their predecessors and durable housings. This combined with battery pack identification included in POWER DETECT™ Technology, provide premium capability for the professional user and continue the expansion of the cordless jobsite.
In addition to updates offered within the tools themselves, they are also paired (in kitted units only) with the newly available 20V MAX* 8.0Ah battery (DCB208). Tools with POWER DETECT™ Technology add to the over 200 20V MAX* products offered by DEWALT that help users reach the goal of a cordless jobsite, providing a wide variety of solutions for professional applications. Detailed performance upgrades for each new tool, paired with an 8.0Ah battery (DCB208), are included below.
· The 20V MAX* XR® Brushless 7-1/4-In. Circular Saw with POWER DETECT™ Technology (DCS574) has up to 54% more power than its predecessor (DCS570) in use with a 5.0Ah (DCB205) battery. It achieves over 1300 UWO and has a no-load speed of 5500 RPM.
· The 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Reciprocating Saw with POWER DETECT™ Technology (DCS368) has up to 44% more power than when in use with a 5.0Ah (DCB205) battery. It achieves over 1300 UWO and has a no-load speed of 3000 SPM.
· The 20V MAX* XR® Brushless 5-In. Angle Grinder with POWER DETECT™ Technology (DCG415) has up to 40% more power than its predecessor (DCG413) in use with a 5.0Ah (DCB205) battery. It achieves over 1350 UWO, has a no-load speed of 9000 RPM, and features a KICKBACK BRAKE™ and E-CLUTCH™.
· The 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Hammer Drill with POWER DETECT™ Technology (DCD998) has up to 29% more power than its predecessor (DCD996) in use with a 5.0Ah (DCB205) battery. It achieves over 1050 UWO, has a no-load speed of 0-450/0-1300/0-2000 RPM, and features a three-mode LED light.
For more information about DEWALT POWER DETECT™ Technology and more, visit www.DEWALT.com.