- Executive Director »
- HVAC - System Cleaning - Travel Required »
- Maintenance Tech/Facilities Specialist »
- Mechanical Lead A »
- General Maintenance Mechanic »
CBRE: 2017 Energy Star Partner Of The Year – Sustained Excellence Award
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized CBRE Group, Inc., with a 2017 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award for its continued leadership in protecting our environment through superior energy efficiency. This marks the tenth consecutive year that CBRE has been recognized for ENERGY STAR performance.
Since its inception, ENERGY STAR and its partners have helped prevent a total of more than 2.8 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions, providing societal benefits by reducing damage from climate change. ENERGY STAR and its partners save American businesses and consumers 503 billion kilowatt hours and $34 billion on their energy bills annually.
“During the past decade we have worked diligently to expand our efforts to use the tools of the EPA to benchmark our portfolio, educate and train our staff on energy efficiency and provide consistently positive outcomes for our clients and their properties,” said David Pogue, CBRE global director of corporate responsibility. “Since we began our efforts in 2006, we have relied upon the resources of EPA ENERGY STAR, making it the foundation of our practice. It is as important to our success today as it was the day we started. We are proud to be associated with EPA.”
CBRE assists owners and occupiers with energy efficiency programs at properties it manages around the world and ENERGY STAR is a powerful tool that is driving sustainability and has become an industry recognized symbol of highly efficient space. Since CBRE first developed its environmental sustainability program in 2006, ENERGY STAR has remained the operational framework for advancing energy efficiency practices in the company’s managed portfolio.
These efforts have produced strong results:
- Since 2007, CBRE has successfully improved its average ENERGY STAR score, achieving a cumulative increase of 9.5 percent and was in the top quartile of performance in 2016;
- CBRE experienced a cumulative 16 percent reduction in average normalized site energy intensity over the past 10 years, including a savings of 19,836,450,762 kBtu, the equivalent of reducing 9,791,731 passenger vehicle miles driven in an entire year;
- CBRE has 1,975 buildings representing more than 314.5 million square feet participating in the program, significantly more than from any other third-party management firm;
- CBRE’s 288 labeled ENERGY STAR buildings under management represent nearly 3.5 percent of the total U.S. office buildings labeled.
CBRE offers a wide range of sustainability initiatives under its environmental sustainability program, which includes global commitments in 11 key areas of environmentally sound performance. These include resource management, occupancy, communications and training, public policy and procurement. The program provides best practices and initiatives that strengthen CBRE’s own environmental commitment, reflect the best environmental practices in our clients’ properties, and provide vital training and education to CBRE professionals.;