- Facilities Manager »
- Sr. Facilities Project Manager, Construction »
- Facilities Technician - Keithville, LA »
- Facilities Support Technician »
- Facilities Maintenance Supervisor »
Andersen Corporation: 2017 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award
An ENERGY STAR partner since the Windows program began in 1998, Andersen is known for its long history of producing energy efficient products. Andersen was the first window manufacturer awarded the ENERGY STAR National Window Partner of the Year in 1999.
Andersen's leadership in energy efficiency is exemplified through products that have helped set industry standards for minimizing environmental impacts while maximizing energy efficiency, performance and durability for customers. Andersen's dedication to promoting the ENERGY STAR program is centered on advancing energy-efficient products within its four major brands, and educating all stakeholders about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products and programs.
In 2016, Andersen's top three ENERGY STAR related accomplishments included:
- Advancing energy efficiency ratings across the portfolio. Andersen now offers products that are ENERGY STAR v. 6.0 certified in the Northern Climate Zone; added PassiveSun glass and HeatLock coating to most product lines for greater energy efficiency options; and also increased sales of Andersen A-Series products with triple-pane glass – recognized as Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2017 with specific glass options.
- Expansive outreach to consumers. Andersen deployed a multi-faceted campaign to educate consumers about energy efficiency benefits. Specific tactics included social media infographic, bylined articles and educational videos. Andersen also worked directly with the EPA to develop an engaging in-home ENERGY STAR Scavenger Hunt for kids.
- Reducing operational energy use and increasing renewable energy. Andersen Chairman and CEO Jay Lund launched a Chairman's Sustainability Award to recognize employees who deliver impressive environmental results. The winning site reduced its energy consumption by 20 percent through an LED lighting upgrade – helping Andersen to drive closer to an enterprise goal. Andersen also announced a subscription to up to 19 megawatts of solar energy through Xcel Energy's Solar*Rewards Community program.
"Andersen is honored to receive the 2017 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award," says Sal Abbate, Andersen Corportation senior vice president of chief sales and marketing. "We are committed to educating consumers about the critical importance of selecting energy-efficient windows that last. The ENERGY STAR brand helps consumers make wise decisions about energy efficiency throughout their home."
In 2015 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners saved American businesses and consumers 503 billion kilowatt hours and $34 billion on their energy bills, while achieving broad emission reductions.
"The 2017 Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award reflects how Andersen employees bring to life our company value of corporate citizenship, and lead by example, reducing environmental impacts by making our operations more energy efficient," added Eliza Clark, Andersen Corporation director of sustainability and environmental. "Lowering energy consumption is a win for all of us and the right thing to do for the environment."