- Use your skills to help build a better world »
- Vice President, Facilities »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
ASSA ABLOY All Weather Padlock
ASSA ABLOY announced the introduction of Medeco's All Weather Padlock (AWP Series), a hefty stainless steel addition to Medeco's line of high security padlocks. The AWP Series is designed for installations requiring reliable, rugged service performance in the most extreme weather conditions.
"You don't name a padlock the 'All Weather Padlock' unless it can live up to its name," said David Matherly, Medeco product manager, ASSA ABLOY. "The AWP Series has passed rigorous performance testing to offer the highest level of weatherproof protection making it ideal for outdoor perimeter security gates, outdoor storage lockers, cargo containers and transportation trailers."
Medeco's All Weather Padlock's body is made of solid 303 stainless steel and is available with either a stainless steel or boron alloy shackle. The keyway and electrical contacts are kept clean and dry with a weather-sealed cap on the padlock's base. The AWP Series is not only weatherproof, it is also a high security lock that resists cutting and pulling attacks. Medeco's mechanical cylinders provide the additional benefit of patented key control, while both the Medeco CLIQ and Medeco XT cylinders add sophisticated audit and control features.
- 300 Series, extruded stainless steel body resists physical attack and corrosion
- 5/16" and 7/16" diameter, stainless steel and boron alloy shackles
- 1 7/8", 2 3/8", 2", and 2 ½" shackle lengths
- Padlocks are shipped with a weather protector seal cap attached by a stainless steel cable
- Key retaining cylinder design
- O-ring sealed cap, cylinder, and shackles resist grime and water freeze-up at low temperatures
For more information, visit http://www.medeco.com/awp.