- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- Facilities Director »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
Legrand Sites Recognized for Company-Wide Energy Marathon Efforts
West Hartford, Conn. — Dec. 18, 2014 — At a recent ceremony at its corporate headquarters, Legrand, North America, a leader in power, light, and data solutions for buildings, recognized a number of its sites for exceptional achievements in a company-wide effort to reduce energy use.
Legrand executives and an official from the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, recognized energy managers from five of the 18 sites that took part in a 26.2-day challenge, coined the “Energy Marathon.” The company-wide competition, which ran from October 1-26, reduced total electricity use by 15.4 percent from a September 2014 baseline.
Legrand’s Plano, Texas, site was declared the 2014 Energy Marathon Winner, having reduced energy use by 63.1 percent.
“By challenging employees across North America to participate in Legrand’s Energy Marathon competition, we were able to save 588,540 kWh of electricity and approximately $47,000 in less than a month,” said Susan Rochford, vice president of energy efficiency, sustainability and public policy at Legrand. “The challenge now is to sustain these conservation practices over the long term. Going forward, we’ll share the best practices across the company, and also monitor how well sites are maintaining the reductions.”
The Energy Marathon is an initiative Legrand developed as part of its ongoing commitment to energy efficiency and the DOE’s Better Buildings, Better Plants Challenge.
Notable accomplishments include:
• 213,345 kWh saved at the Concord, N.C., manufacturing facility
• 43 percent reduction in energy use at Legrand, Canada’s Vaughan, Ontario, operation
• 88,930 kWh savings at the Fort Mill, S.C., distribution center
• 20 percent reduction in off-hours energy use at the West Hartford corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility, attributed to a new “Energy Citation” facility shutdown program.
For more information about Legrand and its product lines, visit www.legrand.us.