Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
OSHA Releases Top 10 Hazards
October 11, 2017 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
The preliminary list of OSHA’s Top 10 violations for 2017 remained largely unchanged from 2016, except for one new addition. Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503) entered the list in ninth with 1,523 violations, just ahead of Electrical – Wiring Methods, with 1,405 violations, according to an article in Safety & Health Magazine.
The top five violations remained identical to the 2016 list, with Fall Protection – General Requirements leading by a wide margin with 6,072 violations. In a distant second was Hazard Communication with 4,176 violations.
Here’s the full list:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 6,072 violations
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 4,176
- Scaffolding (1926.451): 3,288
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 3,097
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 2,877
- Ladders (1926.1053): 2,241
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 2,162
- Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,933
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements: 1,523
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305): 1,405
Read more here
This Quick Read was submitted by Dan Hounsell, editor-in-chief of Facility Maintenance Decisions, firstname.lastname@example.org. To read more about compliance with OSHA hazardous waste standards, visit https://www.facilitiesnet.com/9795FMD. To learn about changes to OSHA’s arc flash standards, visit https://www.facilitiesnet.com/16582FMD.